Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sailboats: #27


What do you do with all the leftover hardboiled Easter eggs? So far, I've made deviled eggs, egg salad sandwiches, and today I've made sailboats. The little sails are made from strawberry fruit leather. In the background are cheddar chicks and sliced kiwi. She has water to drink.

This one took me maybe 3 minutes to throw together while I was chopping up the other eggs to make egg salad. Frankly, peeling the eggs took longer than anything else. Fresh eggs from backyard chickens don't peel the same as eggs from the store that have been sitting around for weeks. I normally make sure to use our oldest eggs for hard-boiling, but we made so many I just didn't bother. Makes you wonder how old the eggs they sell really are, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment